In my research, I’ve described web analytics as a technology that serves as a window into customer behavior. Peering through this window, companies are using analytics data to improve the relationships with their customers in many different ways, yet often get tripped up by common mistakes. I delivered findings on how to minimize these mistakes in a webinar hosted by Tealeaf, called 5 Ways to Avoid Customer Churn.
For those of you not investing the time to watch the webinar, here’s the synopsis:
- Pitfall #1: Failure to Measure
- Solution: Build a Process for Measurement
- Pitfall #2: Lack of Visibility
- Solution: Select Effective Tools
- Pitfall #3: Time & Resource Constraints
- Solution: Dedicate Resources
- Pitfall #4: Hoarding the Data
- Solution: Integrate Data Distribution Methods
- Pitfall #5: Failure to Close the
- Solution: Enable Customer Interaction
The presentation was well received and I enjoyed delivering the data, but I did walk away with one key take-away.
Note to Self: Never perform a webinar from your desk in an open office environment.
If you listen closely, you’ll hear the decibel level in the background of my presentation gradually escalate until I excuse myself and go on mute from the presentation. I stood up in my office and screamed “I’m delivering a webinar here…” at the top of my lungs. A bit rattled, I rejoined the call and picked up where I left off.
Take a listen and let me know how you think I handled the pressure.